7.29.2011

Summer of Learning

I feel as though my summer has been jam-packed with challenges and learning.  My eyes have been opened to the realness of the Holy Spirit and the overwhelming power of an awesome God.  Our first year of marriage has been such a beautiful mess of  love and I am just beginning to see how God's unconditional love is so amazingly displayed through Nick. 

I have been so blessed this summer to have gone and done so many things and am about to end a chapter of my life take the next step into adulthood on Monday.  I am sad to be closing doors on college and childhood, as I have to say goodbye to many of my best friends.  I am excited though to see where God takes us and how He uses us in all our ministries.  I never imagined how God would use MCC and Manhattan to change and bless my life in so many ways.  I am so grateful. 

I am scared out of my mind but I very much believe I am being called to the public school and would be settling if I were not doing just this.  I pray I can be a vessel filled so much with the light and love of God that it overflows and students, parents, other teachers, see not me but Christ. 

So much on my heart and on my mind... God is truly overwhelming me with how awesome He is and I am so thankful. 

"He must become greater, I must become less."

3 comments:

  1. I've actually been praying for you this week! Yes, there is a reason we are called to public schools. And we do make a HUGE impact even when we think we aren't doing a thing.
    I'm so glad we will be in the building together. Someone told me this morning how fortunate she was to be "stuck" in that suburban with like-minded people since she only knew about my beliefs. It will be nice if our group can get together for prayer time in the AM.
    You are a creative writer as well!! Bring that to the classroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. U are going to do great!!! I am so proud of you. It has been a joy to watch you go from childhood to adult. Those kids...families & school will be so blessed to have you in their lives. I love u so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary-- I was hoping there would be people interested in praying before school! I definitely am interested in doing that with a group of whoever wants to!!

    Steph-- Giiirrrrl, I love you from little seventh grade Webbers me to now and forever.

    ReplyDelete