6.22.2011

happy.things

I saw a post with a list of happy things, aka things that bring happiness and joy to the writer's life.  For the past few days I have been a little down and, as you all know I like to write in list form and about the things I love, so here goes!  Hopefully a little sunshine and joy will come from this list for me and for you as well!

HappyThings:
1.  getting a new black dress.  [a new any-color-dress, really].
2. baking cookies with a friend and shamelessly eating a whole spoonful [or two] of the dough.
3. coming home after being away for a bit.
4. puppies.kitties.babies of all sorts.
5. roller coasters with no lines so you can ride the same one over and over and over.
6. being outside in a cool rainfall without an umbrella.  the feel of the rain streaming down my face like it could wash away all my troubles.
7. watching a baptism.  seriously brings me to tears of joy every time i witness a person wholly giving themselves over to Christ and becoming a new creation in Him.
8. high school youth group stuff...events, trips, d.group, just hanging out with youth group people.  i love being around students with a passion for Christ and people.
9. on that note, any setting in which I am praising God with a group of people [camp, YQ, CIY, etc.].  there is almost nothing like a multitude of voices joined together as one singing praise to our Awesome God.
10. my sperry's.  i seriously love to wear those silly boat shoes at every chance i get.  with a cute outfit, with a dress, with gym shorts, with dress pants...with things they do and definitely do not match, i love to wear them!
11. karen.kingsbury.books.  serioulsy, the woman can write and challenge a Christian woman better than most.  [for that matter, Christian fiction literature in general brings joy to my heart.]
12. my hottie mcHot husband's love letters.  he knows how to speak to my soul.
13. friendships that go way back and never change.
14. Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. On #11... Are you into Dee Henderson? Kalyn loves those books, and I have to admit, I really liked them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u brought me some joy just now...love you!

    ReplyDelete