I saw a post with a list of happy things, aka things that bring happiness and joy to the writer's life. For the past few days I have been a little down and, as you all know I like to write in list form and about the things I love, so here goes! Hopefully a little sunshine and joy will come from this list for me and for you as well!
1. getting a new black dress. [a new any-color-dress, really].
2. baking cookies with a friend and shamelessly eating a whole spoonful [or two] of the dough.
3. coming home after being away for a bit.
4. puppies.kitties.babies of all sorts.
5. roller coasters with no lines so you can ride the same one over and over and over.
6. being outside in a cool rainfall without an umbrella. the feel of the rain streaming down my face like it could wash away all my troubles.
7. watching a baptism. seriously brings me to tears of joy every time i witness a person wholly giving themselves over to Christ and becoming a new creation in Him.
8. high school youth group stuff...events, trips, d.group, just hanging out with youth group people. i love being around students with a passion for Christ and people.
9. on that note, any setting in which I am praising God with a group of people [camp, YQ, CIY, etc.]. there is almost nothing like a multitude of voices joined together as one singing praise to our Awesome God.
10. my sperry's. i seriously love to wear those silly boat shoes at every chance i get. with a cute outfit, with a dress, with gym shorts, with dress pants...with things they do and definitely do not match, i love to wear them!
11. karen.kingsbury.books. serioulsy, the woman can write and challenge a Christian woman better than most. [for that matter, Christian fiction literature in general brings joy to my heart.]
12. my hottie mcHot husband's love letters. he knows how to speak to my soul.
13. friendships that go way back and never change.