4.28.2011

say.love

[oops for the last depressing post.] 

I am seriously so happy with my life right now.  For the past few months the Word of God and everything about having faith has come alive to me.  It's like I am a brand new Christian and it is all new and special and I am seriously moved to tears at church like, every week now.  I am such a sap!  But very seriously, I serve a LIVING GOD, as in He is Alive and Real and at very consistent work in me, and I have never believed those things as much as I do right now.  My God loves with a real, unconditional, as in without conditions or boundaries, as in, there is nothing I can do to stop the love, as in OMG what??!  It is so real!  "My God is not dead, He is alive, He's living on the inside..."  For too long, the tings I have heard in church, read in my Bible, and simply truths I have clung to, have not been alive and real to me, but seriously those things really happened in real life, and made such an impact then that they are STILL changing lives and turning hearts today!  God is timeless, His truth is forever, and His love is so big!  It's just so mind-blowing!

I have been reading the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan, and have been seriously convicted to let my love be evident to all who come in contact with me, and to be a person whose life is solely defined by the love I have for God and the love I have for others.  The greatest commandments EVER said to love God and love your neighbor.  Very simply put, if I am loving God and loving the people around me, am I not following His greatest command?  If my mindset is to show love , will not my giving increase, as I desire to show love in that way?  Will not the words I say be clean, because I want to honor God by showing His love that way?  Will not my attitude be different than others, because I want to show His love by looking and acting like Jesus did when he was here?  Will not my everything reflect the love of Christ if I seek wholeheartedly to be like Him?  It's so simple, yet insanely difficult at the same time.  I feel so compelled to thank Him for mercy, grace, the gift of His only Son, and a burden to share His love with other people.  Very seriously praying that my everyday be used to glorify Him and make His name great, that I might be a part of adding to the Kingdom, that I might be used as His hands and feet, as His ambassador to the world, that I might actually live out the Great Commission to make disciples of all nations. 

"Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” -Matt 28:18-20

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Phil 4:4-6


“...Why do you look for the living among the dead?  He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee..."-Luke 24:5-6

1 comment:

  1. Its been a few months since I read Crazy Love...suddenly I'm feeling like I should read it again! Maybe once a month!

    ReplyDelete