4.08.2011

Ahh Sweet Renewal.

Oh sweet, dear spring.  I love the feeling of renewal, and feel like this time of year brings with it so much promise, hope, life.  Did I mention that I love spring?  Praise the good LORD for warmer weather, sunshine, flowers, green grass, chirping birdies (as long as they steer clear my head, face, and extremities with their, ahem, poop.), sunshine, warmer weather, sunshine, positive attitudes, happiness, and of course, the hint of summer with all that sunshine and warmer weather!! 

I'll admit my last post was a little depressing and sad...but who could blame me??  The job situation and outlook is prettttty grim right now.  However, I have decided to have a renewed spirit and attitude about it and look to the positive things about my circumstances. 

A) Because I currently am without a full-time career, I have freedom to skip work if I [reeeeally] need to, have no "homework" aka the parts of being a teacher that are less than awesome (grading papers, lesson planning, going to meetings) so my evenings are as free as I choose to have them, I can take a class at MCC that I wanted to take, I get to interact with all ages of students and content areas thus exposing me to all kinds of ideas to use in my [hopefully soon-to-be] future classroom AND develop a stronger sense of classroom management AND confidence as an adult/authority figure/teacher AND get my name and face out in lots of different schools in the area!  So many good things right there! 

B) Well, I ended up making my whole list into one extensive run-on sentence, which, when I re-read later will most likely make little sense butttt whatever. 

C) Because every good list needs at least three points.  :)

I truly believe God has a purpose for this season of my life.  And like the earthly seasons change with time, so do the ones of life, and I must patiently wait on the Lord for the things I desire, which right now, is a full-time teaching job in this area.  In my waiting, I must not grow stagnant, I must not look so forward to the future that I miss the life, the opportunity, the chances to be used for His purpose right now, in the present. 

"God in my hoping
There in my dreaming
God in my watching
God in my waiting
God in my laughing
There in my weeping
God in my hurting
God in my healing
Christ in me
Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
You are everything
Be my everything..."  [Tim Hughes, Everything]

No comments:

Post a Comment