1.04.2011

2010

I feel the need to recap the year, and since, surprise surprise, Mr. and Mrs. Brown failed to get the Christmas letter written/mailed, I suppose here on the ol' blogsie makes sense! 

2010:

January:

- Embarked upon a semester full of 21 hours at K-State and planning a wedding.
- Began premarital counseling. 
- Continued living with Marion and Cousin Beth.
- Spoke to high school girls at a purity conference in Western Kansas.
- Signed up for my first [sprint] triathlon with Sarah.
- Finally quit my job at the Bram. 

February:

- Finally met my favorite baby Tyler.
- Started menu-planning my weeks.
- Continued to train for the tri with Sarah.
- Valentines Day with my man.  

March:

- Made a quick trip to OK to visit friends and parents.
- Spent most of my Spring Break working in Admissions/watching basketball.

 April:

- Wedding showers galore!  We were so blessed by all the wonderful gifts we were given.
- Took and passed the PLT!
- Started reading Beth Moore's book, So Long Insecurity.  

May:

- Watched many best friends graduate from MCC.
- Mother's Day with the our families and Kai's, such a fun time with family.
- Wedding and Finals Week combined...yikes!
- Nick and I got married!!!!!
- Nick turned 24.
- Week long honeymoon to Colorado.

June:

- Camp team training and the start of camps for Mr. Brown.
- Jordan and Becca Strom got married!  Such a beautiful night.
- Abigail and Tyler Lane got married too!  So sad to miss it.
- Best camp ever, Boondocker, with one the best friends/rooms ever!

July:

- Alli and Brian Wilde got married!!!  Such a blessed day, and so lucky to be a part of it!
- MBF Allison and Brent McGlaughlin got married too!  Another beautiful day which I was so lucky and excited to be a part of.
- Sarah turned 22!  Holy cow.
- Completed my very first [sprint] triathlon with Sarah!   Best experience EVER and I am already planning to do two more this summer!

August:

- Nick's brother, Nathan, graduated from Clarkson College.
- Started a Bible study with some wonderful friends.
- Started student teaching/my last semester of college!!!
- Jumped back into youth group at UCC!


September:

- Made my own pumpkin puree from real pumpkins, with which I baked the delicious Pioneer Woman's Pumpkin Spice Muffins!  ;)
- We got and started P-90X [which only lasted a couple weeks, but will be starting up again here soon!]
- Sarah and Mark got engaged!  So excited to have another BIL!

October:

- WE GOT PETEE!!!!!!!  Nick surprised me with a puppy for my birthday!  He was wearing a bow and everything [per my request].
- I turned 24 and entered my "mid-twenties" YIKES!  I seriously cannot believe I will be 25 this year?!
- Went with Mom, Sarah, and Alli to pick out Sar's wedding dress!!!

November:

- Taught two units, one over Edgard Allan Poe, and one over the Odyssey.  
- Had two great Thanksgivings with family.
- Had a super fun weekend at Oasis with the UCC youth group.
- Took and passed my English Content Exam.

December:

- Went with a fun group of friends to the Big 12 Championship Game in Dallas.
- Turned in and passed my student teaching portfolio!!!!!!!!
- Nick and I both graduated from K-State.  Celebrated with family afterward.
- Our first married Christmas!  Celebrated a couple nights early because we were so excited!  
- Christmas Eve and Christmas with my family here in Manhattan. FUN fun fun Christmas night with family!
- LOST marathon to the max.
- Christmas with the Reed's and the Brown's in Lincoln.
- Super fun wedding of Steph and Alex Hall, and best New Years Eve party ever!!!!!!!
- This was in January, but another Christmas with Grandma Ann and Papa!

Such a good but incredibly difficult year.  Thankful for good friends, family, my incredibly patient and supportive husband, and a God who has a plan for me. 


"And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;  perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."  Romans 5:2-5

No comments:

Post a Comment